Saturday, March 31, 2012

Free At Last





 Here are some good conversations I had with Mom in October 2011. Click the links to download mp3s

 #1 http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kk095oatbp3zv0d
 #2 http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?16bxv3yo98f7jdk

5 comments:

Jana said...

Wow, Jimmy. Thank you. I'm going to listen to these this afternoon when I can just sit and reflect. This means so much . . . thank you.

Emily Nieminski said...

I am listening to the clips over and over. Thanks a lot, Jimmy. Now I have something I can turn to when I want to hear her voice.

I am surprised the headstone is already in. It's really nice. Thanks for showing us.

Jana said...

I just listened.

Felt at first like it was a typical Saturday afternoon and I just picked up the phone to call home. Mom's voice was the main connection to home for me being so far away, and so to hear it again just so informally like that just grabbed my soul. It's so good to hear it but there is a raw place inside where that near-daily connection used to be and this once again reminds me of what has been lost.

I feel so happy that Mom is free at last and know that she wouldn't want to come back, as John King said. But the missing her is so very painful most days and now that it is "real" it seems that nothing here will ever be the same. Life is good, and there is much to enjoy, and Mom's the one who would remind us of that, and also that we will see her again. But it will take a long time to get over the loss of her presence among us.

I miss her so much.

Leigh said...

What a combination of things to get the tears flowing! Listening to Mom's voice on those clips felt like drinking water when you're very thirsty. Jimmy, thank you SO much for sharing those. I have been wishing for something of her, like to hear her voice, and this was perfect. And to see the headstone and hear Sammy's song was good, too.

I love how hearing Mom talk, you can picture exactly how she looked or the hand movements she would have done. Oh, I miss her so much!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this! I was so happy to see the show last week. I felt teary throughout the show listening to Sam sing and watching your dad on stage. What a posting today! Seeing the stone is hard, but beautiful with the title. I love you all!

Shannon