Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mando's Saturday morning craft idea for kids


Oh, just making old-looking documents with brown paper bags, ink and pens that he whittled this morning.


I love it when Mando is in charge.

9 comments:

jim lahood said...

"...We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, and are entitled to life liberty, and the pursuit of hen's eggs..."

Leigh said...

That is so cool! I'm breakin' out the brown bags tomorrow. How do you carve a quill pen? Jana, I don't know if you remember this, but when I was in 5th grade I had to write part of Little Women on old-looking paper, and you helped me. We stained the paper in tea and I think you helped me write in a kind of calligraphy.

Jana said...

Love those truths, Dad. You'll be happy to know that the kids visited the chickens last weekend. They're still each producing an egg a day. We miss them--but not their other "little deposits."

Leigh--I've totally forgotten about that! We had some wild and crazy fun times back then, no?

Emily said...

tea + calligraphy + Little Women = never being asked out by a boy


BUT YOU WOULDN'T CHANGE IT FOR THE WORLD! Because now, your husbands both love tea, calligraphy, and you little women!

Me + Archie books = husband who only eats hamburgers with ketchup like Jughead.

Jana said...

Em: **coffee on the computer keyboard laugh.**

Emily Nieminski said...

That's what I live for Jana! THanks. Now that I think of it, this blog is our "Virtual Caption Book". We no longer need a physical photo album every Christmas and everyone can participate!

Moon said...

you guyssss are the greatest!!

Leigh said...

Emily, I think that is the comment I have laughed the hardest at on the entire blog!! How does your brain come up with such cleverness? Well, however it works, I'm glad!

Emily Nieminski said...

I am so glad I made you guys laugh. It's just the little man in my head doing stand-up comedy. I don't know... to me, the funniest humor is self-deprecating humor, because we can all relate to it, especially when things have turned out fine in the end.