
From the Land of Not Much Happening: This is me ladling soup at our church's Missions Dinner last Sunday. This picture is misleading, though, because I spent most of my time doing dishes. The day before, I made 10 batches of homemade au gratin potatoes, enough to feed 250 people. They were very good, and now I can make them at home because I have the recipe memorized.
Man, those glasses make me look like an old-fashioned cafeteria worker. All I need is a hairnet and a mole on my cheek. On the brighter side, is that muscle definition in my tricep? Yes!!!
3 comments:
How is that "not much happening?" That is awesome, Emily--what a great thing to do! I bet your potatoes were killer good. Which recipe did you use?
I'm not sure where the recipe came from. All I know is the recipe: 1 qt cream, 1tsp black pepp., 2tsp salt, onion flakes, 1tbs butter, and then thinly sliced potatoes, as much as fits in the pan. Oh, and then we sprinkled it with swiss cheese at the end, but you could use parmesan, too. As much cheese as you want.
Put the cream and butter in saute pan until butter melts. Add spices. Don't put the temp too high that the cream will burn. Add potatoes and turn up heat so it's bubbly but not boiling. When potatoes are fork tender, remove from heat and then put pan in oven, or put in oven-ready pan and cook with cheese on top until desired cheese doneness and potatoes are cooked thru.
Oh, Em, I just love it! You look adorable. Mmm, the potatoes sound great--I'll try the recipe sometime soon.
Post a Comment