Wednesday, February 13, 2013

And then there were six

28 years ago in a brick house in the Uplands, the television was tuned to this Smurf's Valentine Special:





when the phone rang and news was shared that the long female reign of dominion was over at 1605!

And life would never be the same for five girls, two happy but tired parents, and a whole generation of musical theater-loving Central Illinoisians!

Happy Birthday, Jimmy boy!

5 comments:

Todd said...

Happy Birthday, Jimmy!
All of us in the Ohio branch of the family

Emily Nieminski said...

Cool! I just remember Mari being VERY upset the day before because mom couldn't go to the hospital that day since the doctor was snowed in or something. I think her "issues" started that day. JUST kidding, Mar!

Jana said...

And your "issues" started the very next day . . . JUST KIDDING, Em!

Mari said...

Yes, I was so mad I jumped into that box mom kept by the door w/ hats and mittens and buried my sorrows for awhile. Love my lil bro!

Mari said...

Hence...the issues starting...lol. I accept.