Tuesday, October 15, 2013

MRP (Mom Recipe Project): Babe's Apple Cake

Mom read this recipe to me over the phone years ago when I was longing for a taste of home.  Since then I've made it many times, and it always takes me back to 1605.  Do you all remember this cake? Sometimes Mom would make it for us after school as a treat.


It's a super-easy recipe that always hits the spot.  You can use any kind of apples, really--it doesn't seem to matter.

I have an envelope full of various recipes Mom had clipped from magazines, and some of her old classics were in there, too.  It was fun to discover the original source for "Babe's Apple Cake"--it was in an article called "Desserts that Pack a Nutritional Punch" from Woman's Day magazine some time in the mid 1970s (can't see the year on the clipped page).





2 comments:

Emily Nieminski said...

I LOVE that cake. That and spice cake. Jana, that picture of your table looks so professional! Wow! I love your gourds and runner.

Thanks for posting the recipe. I'll definitely have to try it sometime!

Leigh said...

Yay! I always loved that cake and have wanted to make it for a while. And I just happen to already have whole wheat flour and wheat germ that I got for something else. I'll make it soon! I love the photo, too.