Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Up, Up and away . . .

All during the summer and early fall we often see balloons in the early morning when we're driving to or from church or to school, out in the country.  They take off from Winters, CA (we think) and end up landing in the fields near Plainfield (our elementary school).  One day a few weeks ago we were driving home from church and saw one landing very close by, and thought it would be fun to stop and take some pictures.  These always make me think of Leigh and Todd and their romantic engagement moment!



5 comments:

Emily Nieminski said...

COOL! I love hot air balloons! You guys all look so sharp! Who's that young guy next to you, Jana?! Elena looks so cute!

You guys are so lucky to have beautiful backdrops as part of your everyday scenery. The coolest thing I see on my way to work is a tree that has been cut strangely so it doesn't interfere with the telephone lines that looks like a big "C". Whoopee.


Emily Nieminski said...

COOL! I love hot air balloons! You guys all look so sharp! Who's that young guy next to you, Jana?! Elena looks so cute!

You guys are so lucky to have beautiful backdrops as part of your everyday scenery. The coolest thing I see on my way to work is a tree that has been cut strangely so it doesn't interfere with the telephone lines that looks like a big "C". Whoopee.


Jana said...

Tee hee, you're so funny, Em. Yes, when I go for my walk in the morning I go to a quasi-park that used to be a soccer field, now is just wide open and grassy and you can see the coastal range of mountains (the same ones you see there). I always think of that psalm verse, "I will lift mine eyes to the hills, from whence cometh my help." Truly, I never take for granted being able to see those mountains and I believe I never will.

Jana said...

Oh, that's hunk-a burning love next to me . . . just FYI.

Leigh said...

Yay for hot air balloons! I loved seeing these and remembering my balloon proposal. It was pretty awesome. If you ever get a chance to ride in one, do! Unless you are scared of heights...