Saturday, December 24, 2016

For your holiday viewing pleasure: caption book sampler #1

As a holiday gift, just wanted to share a completely random selection from our old caption books. Thanks for sharing them, Mari!  More to come in future months.

Because there wasn't space for the full captions on the video, they're listed below.

Enjoy . . . and Merry Christmas, everyone!


1. I am the real Kris Kringle!
2. “Do I like jello?”
3. “So Uncle Bill, tell us again about the margin of error for the picking of sweet corn…?”
4. Tootie eyes the exit as Aunt Dolores starts talking politics.
5. Jimmy Carter and Ghandi: Peace Talks 1997
6. Leisure Studies 202
7. “Foa da best foa yoa wookshop, I sujest the swamps of Tawpon Spwings.”
8. Dad loses another round of Daring Passages.
9. Moments after their feet went into the air, the LaHoods found they had the pool to themselves.
10. “Do you believe in interspecies dating?”
11. Meet the Mary Kay Saleswoman of 2000
12. The president and vice-president of the Sock Extreme Club
13. “Here’s the next available daughter. We’ll start the bidding at $200…
14. “I’m taller”    “No, I’M taller!”
15. “I’m shorter!”    “No, I’M shorter!”
16. “I only eat the stuff raw”
17. “I am Zoltar, Pink Power Ranger. I need sugary substances to refuel.”
18. “OK, so I lied when I said you would be getting fewer presents this year. I think there are 50 for each of you!“
19. “Yeah Snowy, I feel your pain—you’ll never be able to melt with the real ones.”
20. “I’m Shoeless Joe from Hannibal, MO”
21. Daddy’s little taste-tester
22. Someday I’ll have a little boy like you and we’ll be lying here like this.
23. The clothes even Goodwill refused to take.
24. Mommy told me that when she lived here, they only gave her raw spaghetti.
25. You’re cute, you’re cute, you’re cute…that’s ok.
26. No, no no…I don’t know where her lip gloss is. Why does she keep asking me?
27. Abbey’s graduation gift to Mari: one intense foot massage
28. And now…voted “Most Likely to Become a Lunch Lady”…
29. After that Christmas, we decided to start using real pine trees.
30. The tallest isn’t the oldest and the shortest isn’t the youngest!
31. That’s a good smile Simon, good, Theodore…Open your eyes, Alvin…Alvin…ALVIN!!!
32. Dec. 22, 1991—eagerly awaiting the Thompson’s jackpot drawing.
33. “Joe, you took your food before I put these plateholders out. Now put that plate down so I can put this under that!”
34. Oct. 12, 1988—the day we were selected to be extras in “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”
35. If you build it, they will come.
36. There’s a little man in the cup who will say whatever you tell him.
37. “Oh, I can’t WAIT to have glasses, just like my sisters”
38. May 21, 1985: Jana graduates from 8th grade. Mando receives his Master’s degree.
39. Design 101 was ok, Drawing 102 was alright, but Face Painting 201 is a little extreme…
40. “It’s a basketball, Leigh. Someday you’ll thank me for this.”
41. “Please, release me!”
42.  “I’m free”
43. “Ooohmm . . . “
44.  November 7, 2000. Florida was just called for Al Gore
45. After the janitors lock up for the night, Gaye and Barb reminisce about old times

46. “The party’s over  . . . but the fun has just begun!”


No comments: