This is me shaking my fist at whatever is making dad's heart have problems. We are sorry, dad, that you have to go through this again, but don't be discouraged. They will fix it and make you better again. You have been strong for mom, and she for you, and we will keep you both lifted up in prayer - mom for her chemo this week and dad for his procedure. (Not to mention that Bruce's dad is having knee surgery Thursday, which is complicated b/c of his bad heart and blood quality. So we've got a 3-day punch of parent-procedures!) Sorry we can't be there physically for you, but we ARE with you! We all LOVE YOU both so much!
8 comments:
Update: mom did not have treatment today due to low blood results.
Sorry, mom! But maybe this means you can be with dad tomorrow? We love you!
We love you guys and are praying, too! Hopefully all the procedures and treatments will go well, and when they are done we will celebrate another little boy in the family!
Here, here--prayers all around! Em--is Bruce's Dad having arthroscopic surgery? Just wondering (we have some experience with that here). Hope he does well and experiences fast relief!
Yes, Jana. I think he is.
If any of you would like to know more about an angiogram or angioplasty I would be happy to tell you more. It is an area I am familiar with from working in cardiac rehab and I teach my students about! Todd
Em--Armando had arthroscopic surgery on each knee (two different surgeries) two different summers. I was so worried as knee surgery seemed like such a daunting thing (knee REPLACEMENT is, but this was not that) but it turned out to be an amazingly wonderful procedure--he was in and out in a matter of hours--and within days was moving around very easily with very little residual pain. Hope that's encouraging!
Yo, Todd. It is so nice to know we have a medical expert in the family! Here's a semi-related question for you:
Can you please explain how my eight year old daughter who has eaten healthy food (mostly whole foods, all carbs are whole grain-based) from birth and who gets adequate exercise can have a cholesterol level of 226? All I can think of is genetics (Mando has high cholesterol too). As far as changes, all we can think of to do in addition to what we already do here is to encourage even more movement, to totally eliminate butter, etc. (and we do so little with animal fats, etc. as it is) and to push the oats, along with all the fresh fruits and veggies we usually eat each day. Right now she's getting an apple oat bran muffin (homemade) for snack each day and eats oats for breakfast. I have always cooked with olive oil and we do focus on other heart-healthy whole foods like almonds, fish, etc. Any other suggestions?
I'm just taking a stab at this - Jana, why don't you put her on an all-Oreo diet for a month and re-test her. Maybe it's an opposite effect. Then put her back on her regular diet and see if it goes back to normal. No, I don't know anything about health and medicine - why do you ask?
Post a Comment