Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving at Jimmy's

Here's the pre-meal spread, compliments of Dorie:
And here's the meal:
Tried to get a few action shots, including mouths full...
Possibly a new Thanksgiving tradition- I had all the right things leftover to make tabouli, which I have paired with the leftover hummus I had made, bread Mari brought, cabbage rolls from Mary Brady, and falafel (in progress).

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Oh my goodness, it looks amazing! The food and your house. I love the idea to make tabouli after T-giving. Mmm. Looks like it was a nice time!

Abbey said...

Check out the roll on Abbey's plate. They were from the Beef House in Covington. They had them sit out to rise and then when they were baking it was like that book Bembleman's Bakery. They were gargantuan! Cool long shot of the table Jimmy.
-Dorie

Emily Nieminski said...

Oh, it's so nice to see a tableful of LaHoods and special friends. Way to go, Jimmy and Mindy. I am going to eat the last of Dorie's vegetables today. Your Thanksgiving spread looks so pretty and I love all your nice dishware.

Jana said...

Well, I am jealous. Not just that you were all there together, but that you also managed to get Lebanese food out of the whole deal. Two for one! We were not able to make Mexican food out of our leftovers, unfortunately. Sage stuffing just doesn't have that south-of-the-border mojo going for it.

Abbey, how did you know about Bembelman's bakery? That is a book-club book from the 70s! I'm impressed! Oh, wait, nevermind. Sorry, Dor!