This is Elena's mission model project from school . . . it's part of the fourth grade curriculum in CA to learn about the history of the missions in the state, and each student was assigned a different mission to study and make a model of (there are 22). It's about the only time you can talk about religion in the public schools here! She was assigned the mission San Carlos de Borromeo which is near Carmel--hopefully we can drive over to visit it sometime this spring. She made this model using recycled cardboard, with a good bit of help from crafty Dad. I think she did a very beautiful job with the colored pencils on the front door. Last night we finished up--I helped her with the trees and shrubbery, and she was so happy to be done with this project (but not so happy this morning when she had to carry it into school in the pouring rain!)
2 comments:
WOW! This is really well-done! Great job, Elena! A++++ in my book! I hope you had fun building that, although I know how long something like that can end up taking. I had to build Noah's Ark one time and it was really fun but painstaking! I love the details on the door and the white brick lines and the blue windows. Excellent!
That is so AWESOME! I would never have been able to make something so cool in school. I love the trees. The whole thing looks great!
Post a Comment