Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanksgiving bonus recipes, courtesy of Mom

Turkey and stuffing are classic, but what is Thanksgiving without this?



Dorie, here is the recipe you requested. It's pretty simple--I'm sure you can find fancier versions online, but I think you can trust Gloria here.


Also Dorie, at the time Mom felt it was important for you to note (as her recipe copyist) that this makes "a large amount."  I feel that for full disclosure I should draw your attention to that fact once again, in case your family and Jimmy can't finish off a whole recipe of this. You have been warned!


And just in case you need a fruity and refreshing addition to your dinner, there's always this treat. (These kinds of jello recipes were often called "salad" as some of you may recall).


Mom used this so much that she had to tape the recipe card together. 


Bon appetit! 

No comments: