Monday, March 23, 2015

Beautiful old Gilkerson photos

Dad sent me some more great old pictures, and as usual there were some that I'd never seen before.  I will be posting lots of these so that you all can see them, too!

Here are some gorgeous photos of Grandpa, Grandma and Mom.  Doesn't Grandma look beautiful in these?  These are all fairly large portraits, measuring about  9 inches by 7 inches, and you can tell that two of them (the last one of Grandma and Mom's) were hand-tinted by the photographer.







Grandma was 16 here, this was taken in 1928






Grandma at 19, this was taken in 1931.




3 comments:

Leigh said...

I LOVE these! Grandma looks so beautiful, such a classic 1920s look. My first thought on seeing the one of Grandpa was that there's some resemblance to Andreas. Thanks for posting!

Emily said...

You'll have WON with GilkerSON! That's such a beautiful picture of mom. Man, those eyelids and few eyelashes - that look came from Grandma. It's kind of the way Marth and Marg and Kathy look.

Jana said...

That is the same picture as Mom's campaign button, right? I thought so too, but wasn't sure.

I found some pictures of Grandma's brother Philip that also remind me of Kathy. And some other pictures of Grandma when she was younger that do, too. Will be posting them.

I wish Andreas looked like someone on our side, he looks a little bit like Becky but all her old photos are locked away in some trunk that she's lost the key for, so who knows when I'll ever be able to see more to compare!