This is great! It really fills us in on a slice of everyday life and our aspirations. Like, who knew Mari wanted to be and etider? And who knows what Dorie is up to! No self esteem problems for Mari.
I feel so loved! That is one affirming newsletter. So cute! I loved reading this. I don't rememver Mom taking us to Hunts either. But I think I do remember that ice show at Owens. Great job, Mar!
I feel like there was a Hunt's visit in there somewhere. Because I always wanted to go, so I must've known I liked it; and I also remember one time after one of Jana's recitals or something special like that, going with Joe and Linda. That might've been just for dessert though. And one time, during freshman year when I had Student Council for my lunch hour, Mrs. Carruthers used to take me out to lunch and get me back late, and write me a note saying we were on Student Council business!!! She took me to Hunt's once. And one time, cell phones had just come out and hers rang in her purse really loud and it scared us half to death.
Oh, too funny about the cell phone! Because it is hard now to imagine that once upon a time people really did go out to eat and they were "unplugged" during that time. Seems like ancient history!
That time we went out after my recital was way later, that was when I played one of my doctoral recitals at home. That was so much fun. I think even Uncle Joe came with us. I just don't remember ever, ever going to Hunt's with Mom during that period (or her taking all of you).
Yes, Mari was really affirming! It's just so sweet how her bubbly personality shines through here.
Too funny about Dorie. That crazy college gal--no one knows the wild things she's doing there (although she does write letters home to the family, ya know!).
Sorry for the delay in my response. I'm still absorbing all this "news." And I've been a little busy etiding my thoughts. It's refreshing to hear such positivity come out of my mouth b/c most of the other letters/writings I created, were letters to mom about the color of my urine or how bored I was or how Jana was a butt (j/k). hehehehe
5 comments:
This is great! It really fills us in on a slice of everyday life and our aspirations. Like, who knew Mari wanted to be and etider? And who knows what Dorie is up to! No self esteem problems for Mari.
I feel so loved! That is one affirming newsletter. So cute! I loved reading this. I don't rememver Mom taking us to Hunts either. But I think I do remember that ice show at Owens. Great job, Mar!
I feel like there was a Hunt's visit in there somewhere. Because I always wanted to go, so I must've known I liked it; and I also remember one time after one of Jana's recitals or something special like that, going with Joe and Linda. That might've been just for dessert though. And one time, during freshman year when I had Student Council for my lunch hour, Mrs. Carruthers used to take me out to lunch and get me back late, and write me a note saying we were on Student Council business!!! She took me to Hunt's once. And one time, cell phones had just come out and hers rang in her purse really loud and it scared us half to death.
Oh, too funny about the cell phone! Because it is hard now to imagine that once upon a time people really did go out to eat and they were "unplugged" during that time. Seems like ancient history!
That time we went out after my recital was way later, that was when I played one of my doctoral recitals at home. That was so much fun. I think even Uncle Joe came with us. I just don't remember ever, ever going to Hunt's with Mom during that period (or her taking all of you).
Yes, Mari was really affirming! It's just so sweet how her bubbly personality shines through here.
Too funny about Dorie. That crazy college gal--no one knows the wild things she's doing there (although she does write letters home to the family, ya know!).
Sorry for the delay in my response. I'm still absorbing all this "news." And I've been a little busy etiding my thoughts. It's refreshing to hear such positivity come out of my mouth b/c most of the other letters/writings I created, were letters to mom about the color of my urine or how bored I was or how Jana was a butt (j/k). hehehehe
Post a Comment