Saturday, March 28, 2015

She could have danced all night!

Another category of old pictures I've been wanting to share is that of old formal/dance/sorority-type events.  Here are some of these:

What a lucky guy!  I think this might have been Mom's first year at U of I.

This must have been some Wild West kind of themed dance judging from Mom's Annie Oakley-esque attire.

This picture says "Monmouth Duo, Paul Reback, Alpha Delta Phi, February 24, 1962" on the back.

Double date!  

 I think I've shared these before, but I just love these two the best. Mom looks gorgeous in both of them, and Grandma and Grandpa both look happy (this is about as happy as Grandpa gets in photos, I've noticed).


BONUS:  I have no idea who this guy is. A professor?  Someone in Memphis?  This is definitely a later photo, either from the end of her time at U of I or shortly thereafter. Cute picture, though.

No comments: