You know that song from South Pacific, "You've got to be taught" (to hate and to fear . . . etc.)? This makes me think of that song. Why? Because as I kid I thought nothing of eating this gleefully in (probably) pretty sizable quantities at Leb. get-togethers. I had no concept whatsoever about the potential dangers of eating raw meat, etc. None at all. Only as I got older did I fully grasp what I was consuming.
Total non sequitor here . . . I came to the blob today to update the movie list because I remembered Castaway. I couldn't believe it when I looked at the list today and (magic wand sound effect) . . . there it was!
Well, I read 279 words a minute, and got all the questions right. That's, ahem, 12% better than the average guy. I'm convinced it's because of all the kibbeh niya in my system. And...I'm gonna live to be a hundred too!
How can something so wrong be so right? I ate raw meat all the time when I cooked for you guys on Weds. nights when Mom would take Jana to violin lessons and I cooked dinner. I was really a founder of the original raw food movement back in the '80's. Uncooked pizza dough, frozen veggies, uncooked pasta, and raw hamburger on taco nights. I always ate that with plenty of salt. Mom later figured out what I was doing and told me I would get worms. Almost 43 and still worm-free! -Dorie
10 comments:
Do you believe in interspecies dating?
I tell ya, if I weren't already married....
So funny, Em!
You know that song from South Pacific, "You've got to be taught" (to hate and to fear . . . etc.)? This makes me think of that song. Why? Because as I kid I thought nothing of eating this gleefully in (probably) pretty sizable quantities at Leb. get-togethers. I had no concept whatsoever about the potential dangers of eating raw meat, etc. None at all. Only as I got older did I fully grasp what I was consuming.
Yep, and despite knowing exactly what I'm eating, there's not a man today who could take me away from my guy, er, my kibba.
Total non sequitor here . . . I came to the blob today to update the movie list because I remembered Castaway. I couldn't believe it when I looked at the list today and (magic wand sound effect) . . . there it was!
Well, I read 279 words a minute, and got all the questions right. That's, ahem, 12% better than the average guy. I'm convinced it's because of all the kibbeh niya in my system. And...I'm gonna live to be a hundred too!
Oh, the taste of that wonderful raw meat! It's fun to shock people by telling them about it.
The movie list is great! I added some, then looked at all the ones added after and thought, "Why didn't I think of those?"
I even thought of a couple more (I'm the one who added Castaway and The Snowman and others) but I forgot them.
I even thought of a couple more (I'm the one who added Castaway and The Snowman and others) but I forgot them.
How can something so wrong be so right? I ate raw meat all the time when I cooked for you guys on Weds. nights when Mom would take Jana to violin lessons and I cooked dinner. I was really a founder of the original raw food movement back in the '80's. Uncooked pizza dough, frozen veggies, uncooked pasta, and raw hamburger on taco nights. I always ate that with plenty of salt. Mom later figured out what I was doing and told me I would get worms. Almost 43 and still worm-free!
-Dorie
Dor, you are really Lebanese at heart.
But seriously, that is gross. Veggies are gross enough, but to have to wait for them to thaw in your mouth? That's like self-inflicted punishment.
You may be worm-free but how many counselors have you seen over this raw food obsession?!
Post a Comment