
Hey everybody. I just made P-Dub's recipe for salsa. It is excellent. I didn't realize I could make salsa this good using canned tomatoes. But this is very similar to a Chili's type salsa. And it makes a lot - good for a party.
Oh ya, and Bruce is watching Psycho.... his favorite Hitchcock movie. What is your favorite Hitchcock movie, everybody?
5 comments:
I'll have to try that recipe. I only end up making salsa in the summer, because we've gotten really picky about raw tomatoes here in CA (they HAVE to be garden fresh, or forget it!) . . .
Notorious. No contest. Ingrid and Cary. 'Nuff said.
I think my favorite is Rear Window. It used to be North by Northwest, but Rear Window grows on me every time I watch it. You can really feel what the characters are feeling because it seems like you're in the room with them.
I love Notorious and North by Northwest, too, and also Suspicion (w/Cary & Joan Fontaine) and Spellbound (Ingrid & Gregory Peck). But an old one called A Lady Vanishes will always be dear to my heart because Todd and I watched that with a group of friends right when we first met. It's a great movie!
I have some tortilla chips getting stale in the cabinet, so now I'll make salsa and use 'em up!
In a Hitchcock-related note, did you know that they are going to show a re-make of 39 Steps on Masterpiece Theatre? It stars the guy who is in the new version of Persuasion (Rupert Penry-Jones . . . I think he's Derva Kirwan's husband) and airs later this spring.
Mmmmm, good salsa, strong salsa! My wife makes the greatest guacamole in the world, so maybe now she can make the greatest salsa, too!
My favorite Hitchcock movie is The Lady Disappears. At least, that is how I wrote it down in my planner on that fateful day when I was to meet my wife to be!
Todd
Post a Comment