This is the old photo from around 1953 or 1954 that always had a double exposure of me and my sisters Di and Mary up in the right corner. Peg took it and got it fixed at Peoria Camera. The guy bending over near the orange drink dispenser is Uncle Ed. Grandpa is talking to his brother George.
Curbie unkown.

3 comments:
Correction...since Mary was born in 1953, this would have to be '54 or '55.
I love this! When did the name get changed to "Lou's Drive-In?"
This reminds me of something I saw on YouTube a couple of days ago. The Bradley Hilltopics e-blast I just got had a short link to video footage of the fire at Bradley Hall back in the 60s. Of course, that led to other Peoria video links, and there were a couple of videos with lots of old Peoria pictures just like this one.
Question: will the Drive-In be open when we're home for the wedding? The kids want to know.
Post a Comment