If I magnify this picture and really gaze at it for a few seconds I can almost feel myself transported back there. I can imagine the cold windows, and the warmth of the radiators (how I miss radiators!). I remember the various ways Mom tried to outsmart the squirrels, most notably by putting Vaseline on the birdfeeder pole. And I remember little Marianna ("tiny baby" as Grandma called her for a long time in her journals that I am reading) being in her crib in this room for a while. Mostly I think of us sitting at the long table together at meals but also on and off throughout the day, reading the paper or a magazine, or visiting with whoever had stopped by that day. Sweet thoughts.
1 comment:
If I magnify this picture and really gaze at it for a few seconds I can almost feel myself transported back there. I can imagine the cold windows, and the warmth of the radiators (how I miss radiators!). I remember the various ways Mom tried to outsmart the squirrels, most notably by putting Vaseline on the birdfeeder pole. And I remember little Marianna ("tiny baby" as Grandma called her for a long time in her journals that I am reading) being in her crib in this room for a while. Mostly I think of us sitting at the long table together at meals but also on and off throughout the day, reading the paper or a magazine, or visiting with whoever had stopped by that day. Sweet thoughts.
Post a Comment