Friday, April 9, 2010

Muir Woods







For a change of pace, and an actual "break" during spring break, we decided to return to the scene of the crime--Muir Woods, where Armando whispered in my ear about 10 years ago that he was going to close the deal on his mail-order bride. The kids had never been there before and they absolutely loved it--even with the mile hike from our car (it seems that everyone else in California, China and Germany had the same idea as us today). I had printed out kids' guides from the Muir Woods website and they totally loved using them--finding clues and pointing out things like burls (while, in the meantime, several men who looked just like Burl Ives hovered nearby). And the whole time, I had this weird feeling that something was wrong with me (besides the migraine headache that had started off the day) . . . couldn't quite put my finger on it. It kind of reminded me of the U of Illinois Halloween day football game I went to with Dad and Ron C. back in 4th grade. Sure enough, when I got home, I was running a nice fever . . . talk about family field trip deja vu. Thank goodness I only have to teach three lessons, play for church service, and teach Sunday School this weekend!






Chicago relatives who have never visited us before: look what you can do if you come to CA! Stand in the middle of a tree! That alone would be worth it.



4 comments:

Leigh said...

Awesome! I remember going there with you guys that first time I visited you. And how neat to bring your kids to the place you got engaged!

Jan, I hope you get better soon!

Emily said...

Looks pretty. But I would be paranoid about ticks.

Jimmy said...

Wait- how come I didn't do this? ;)
Mindy's been there on a teacher trip- she loved it.

Moonshine said...

ditto on the ticks