Thursday, April 1, 2010

Exciting announcement!

You may or may not know this, but Emily has been encouraging me for some time now to come up with some kind of publication for piano teachers/musicians that would be unique in its perspective. It is actually something I've had in mind for several years but haven't had the time to pursue until recently. With the kids heading off to school together now, I've had more time to work on special projects--and this has been one of them.

Well, I've been keeping this secret for a long time--and I have something important to share! A small publisher that specializes in music pedagogical books has accepted my manuscript for publication! Tentatively titled, Gum Under My Piano (subtitle yet to be determined), my book is part memoir, part advice for new piano teachers. I'm sure you can imagine my excitement over this! I'm at the point now of needing to get permission from you all to use a few photographs (including one of me with the little girls at the piano) and will be sharing an early draft with you all soon.

Just thought you'd like to know!

7 comments:

jim lahood said...

Wow!! You're awesome. Do you want the one of me with Dahoobity on my head? You got it!
Mom wonders if you remember that original gummed piano was a church piano. Can't wait to see your book!!

Jana said...

Ummm . . . . . . notice the DATE of this post . . . .

Jimmy said...

I did always wonder who's gum that was...

Jimmy said...

To the grammar people- sorry about 'who's'. I know it should have been 'whose'.

Emily said...

Wait, this is an April Fool's Joke? Oh, Jana. I got so excited about this. You really shouldn't tease like this. You need to do it for real, though.

Leigh said...

I was totally fooled, and so was Todd. But yes, do the book for real! And include the picture of Dad with Dahoobity on his head, just for fun! (originally Dahoob did play music, so it fits.)

Jimmy, good for you for realizing your grammar mistake! You got big points with the editor sister. :)

jim lahood said...

I can't believe you did this to a guy who just had a heart procedure! Just for that, no Dahoobity picture. But, hey--great joke!! What, are you into Hen-yearning or something?