


I happened to find out about a model home that was going to be sold, and all of its furniture was being sold off, too. So we are probably going to buy this king bed, which comes with all the bedding you see here (doesn't have sheets or mattress pad, though), and 2 end tables with the lamps. The bed itself is only $225 or so, including all the bedding! The mattress is nothing special, but it's a lot more supportive than what we have now. We will probably also get a couple of tall standing lamps, and we got a cheap Ikea ottoman for the living room.
For a while now, we were kind of thinking about buying a king bed, but didn't want to pay full price for one. I guess God knew our desire and provided this for us!
Hopefully this weekend we can paint the big bedroom and kind of do a makeover on it, like Jana did with her bedroom. I'll put up pics when it's all done. I hope the gold bedding goes with the medium gray paint I've picked out! I think it will.
3 comments:
Yo Em--great find!
I'm sure the bedspread will be fine for now as long as it is clean and keeps you warm. Having the furniture is the most important part . . . and it's in great shape, so you have very little work to do there!
Have fun painting!
Well, the seller upped the price of the bed since I was breaking the bedroom set, so it's $450 now. I'm still getting it, but I'm not getting the side tables. I think I can find them cheaper, anyway. I'm still excited about it though, even if a little bummed.
Hmmm. I'm wondering if you might be able to do as well or better on CraigsList for that price. But then again, you're getting brand-new furniture.
Post a Comment