Friday, June 4, 2010

Cinnamon Bun Bouquets


I saw this idea on a blog earlier this spring and thought of doing this for teacher's appreciation week, but ran out of time. Thought these little "bouquets" might still be appropriate to give to teachers as a thank-you on the last day (today) . . . hard to believe Nena will now be a third-grader and Chokie a proud first-grader!
In other news, we purchased our tickets to Illinois last night! Peoria, here we come!

3 comments:

Emily said...

AW, those look cinnfully delicious. Were they a cinnch to make? Cinnce you are coming home, could you make some for us?

Cinncerely yours,
Emily

Leigh said...

Well, I don't have as creative a comment as Emily's, but I love the cinnamon bouquets! I bet the teachers loved them.

Glad you got your tickets! Can't wait!!

Jana said...

They were fun to make, but not a cinnch. The dough was super rich (had three eggs, 6 tbsp of butter--thank ya America's Test Kitchen) and took a LONG time to rise. So this little picture was taken at 12:15 a.m. (which is when the icing was finally dry enough for me to put the little bags on). But there are no lengths I won't go to these days to be a cool crafter!