Saturday, May 1, 2010




























Mari did a 1/2 Marathon today (Yea Mari!). I felt like it was a marathon since we had to get up at 4:30, and all I did was stand around and look old. When we got home and Mom and Mari were out celebrating, they discovered Mari had a running partner the whole way, or let's just say she did a super-running job since there was a tick on her scalp (probably since Thursday). Rubbing alcohol and in the consumable form are the treatment prescribed. More details to come of her recovery.

9 comments:

Jana said...

Congratulations, Mar! Woo hoo! And congratulations also for finding out in a special way that the single life is far from lonely . . .

I busted a gut laughing at this one. Thanks for sharing. The highlight of our day was cleaning up old strollers so that we could sell them on Craig'sList, so your posting was a great way to end the day.

Emily said...

Just goes to show that running = bad things happen to you.

Sorry, Mar. If anything should happen to you, leave all your clothes to me. RIP.

Jana said...

LOL, Emily!!!!!

Jimmy said...

When I was in Kindergarten we were going to take a field trip to Forest Park Nature Center or something and on the information sheet it said to wear a hat because there might be ticks.

I was not interested in taking that risk, and mom gladly kept me home that day.

jim lahood said...

For Todd's benefit, I'll just say I hope this doesn't turn into a ticklish situation...

Jana said...

So did the double-duty treatment do the trick on the tick?

Leigh said...

Todd suggests you name the tick Tock. He also says maybe we can throw you a ticker-tape parade!

Great job on the run, Mari! I'm so proud of you. Wish I could have run it with you, or at least volunteered or come to cheer you on with Dad.

Emily said...

I noticed you were in the new Memorial Stadium. Did anyone stand outside trying to SCALP you their TICKets?

(Come on. You know this is the best double pun in the bunch!)

Leigh said...

Awesome puns, Em!