Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bible Cover




I ordered a new Bible for Andreas (he was ready for a "real" Bible as opposed to the various abridged "Beginner" Bibles we already have). I ended up buying the Hands-on Bible from Christianbook.com . . . it's really excellent, with lots of neat little sidebar explanations and application ideas just right for kids. Anyway, he always has various assorted papers for Sunday School to carry along with his coin offering, so I decided to make him a cover out of some leftover IKEA fabric I had. Here's the result. Don't look too closely--I was making it up as I went along and had to make lots of adjustments, and some of the seams are really "wonky," as they say. But it has pockets on the front and back for papers/cards, etc. a little velcro coin pocket on the front for his offering, and a little slot for a pencil or pen. Now I know what to differently in case I ever make one again. Elena already has a cute Bible backpack I got her a while back, but she was really funny a while ago and said, "I don't want a store-bought one (cover): I want a hand-made one!" Never thought I'd hear that . . . .

1 comment:

Emily said...

very cute, jan.