Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Slice of life: after school




Here are the kids doing homework after school (Andreas's assignment was to "read for enjoyment," hence the Ladybug magazine). Notice how Elena can simultaneously write and eat a graham cracker at the same time. Amazing!




On the couch near Andreas are the first few pillows of the set I'm making for the family room. I just finished the one with the square inset today. Three done, four to go . . . the more pillows, the better, I always say!

4 comments:

Leigh said...

I LOVE the pillows! And the kids, too! Now I'm inspired to cover my couch pillows... You won't see Jack on our couch reading Ladybug magazine, but we do have a lot of those bugs that look like ladybugs!

Abbey said...

They look so CUTE! What kind of homework do they have? I used to have math home link everyday. Boring!

Jana said...

They have different homework everyday--Elena has a really great teacher who mixes things up quite a bit. Some days she has to write a paragraph about something, other days she has to make a graph . . . no worksheets, just creative ways to use the math and reading/writing skills they've worked on at school. Andreas has a lot of reading, and fun practicing of writing sentences, etc.

Todd said...

Maybe Elena and Andreas can teach Jack a few things when they meet at Jimmy and Mindy's wedding!
Todd