Friday, February 12, 2010

Kids' valentines




We finished the kids' Valentines (for their classmates) last night. Too bad Elena won't be able to be there to distribute her caramel corn bags (still running a 101 degree fever)! Andreas's classmates get crayon hearts to color with.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Could you BE any more creative? I would've died if I'd have gotten either of those gifts as a kid. Those crayons are awesome!!! How clever. I'm assuming you made them at the Creativity Factory (aka. Your house). Just make sure the kids don't bite into the hearts!!

Abbey said...

Thats really cool. We don't do any of that stuff anymore. We stopped in 4th grade, but you could give something to your close friends.

shannon roach said...

Oooh! I love both ideas! Maybe next year. I had a teacher friend that collected the whole school's yucky old crayons at the end of the year and made cute shapes out of chocolate molds. She did have a small kitchen fire, but also 100 multi-colored dinosaurs!

She also melted old records over bowls and gave them away. I sacrificed Raffi, but now have a cool bowl!

I want to Jana's for craft camp...seriously!

shannon roach said...

I want to GO TO Jana's house for craft camp!

Jana said...

Come out here anytime, Shannon! We'd love to have you visit and craft with us!

I should tell you that NONE of these craft ideas are originals. They're all ideas I got from somewhere else! I wish I was someone who could make up cool crafts . . . that's a great skill I don't have!

That's funny about the crayon dinos. Those vinyl LP bowls are very hip right now. It's amazing what people can do with old stuff!