Monday, February 8, 2010

Happenings at Our House Today

This morning there was that beautiful ice on the trees that looks like lace. I tried to get a good picture of it:

Here's Jack, happy in his chair after lunch:

Pretty flowers on the counter. Someone gave these to our neighbor right before she went out of town, so she gave them to us:

What's for dinner tonight? Pot roast with carrots and potatoes. That orangey-looking stuff on the meat is cinnamon. Gotta add a Lebanese flair to it!

5 comments:

Dorie said...

Ooooh Leigh, those are some pretty pictures! I like the contrast of the icy trees with the bright yellow spring flowers. I also like the contrast of the peaches and cream of Jack's cheeks and the nice blood red of the roast. I bet your house is smelling good right now!

Leigh said...

Hi Dor! Yep, it smells great here now. Using the crockpot is so convenient, but the downside is that smelling the food all day makes me want to eat all day! I thought it was kinda weird to post a picture of raw meat, but hey, PW does it, right?!

Todd said...

It turned out really well, too! If it weren't for exercise, we would all be really fat!

Emily said...

I keep thinking that "Evenflo" logo over Jack's head is a little halo!

Scarlet said...

Hello, hi!
Leigh, Jack is so cute!! Every time I see his chubby cheeks, I want to squeeze them!
That pot roast looks yumm!
I wish you had a facebook account. I shared today on my status about a new sandwich I came up with: peanut butter, salami, tomatoes, and pickles on pita bread; and if we had green onions, I would have put some on there too! It was yummy!