Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Look who came to live at my house!




I wanted to go back to a simpler time . . . when I listened to Mrs. Ridgeway reading to us each week in the Whittier library, and Gaye looked on in her beautiful dress and big hat. So I invited Gaye to my house! How does she look?
You can also see the new computer cabinet in this photo. Finally, the computer can be out of sight when not in use!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Looks great. If anyone else wants a custom-designed clock, let me know! Jana, where did you say you got that cabinet? I love the look of it!

Leigh said...

Yeah, that looks wonderful! Totally awesome clock. Em, I would like one, too, maybe with a quilt painting, but I'll talk to you about it sometime.

You know who said...

How did you get Gaye to fit into the clock?

Jana said...

Emily designed it and set it up for me to order through CafePress. Cool, huh?

My students are digging it so far! They love coming in each week because I've almost always changed at least one thing in the room!

I got the computer armoire from--believe it or not--Walmart.com! I had typed in a search for computer armoires (usually they are super expensive) and this one came up and there were something like 500 positive reviews for it! It's that Sauder brand. It looks suprisingly nice considering how relatively inexpensive it was.

jim lahood said...

OK, so enlighten me. Who is "you know who" who left a comment? Can anybody look at the blog and (if they have a Google account) leave a comment?

Emily said...

Yes, I think anybody can if they land on our page, but it's unlikely that they would. I thought You Know Who was Todd or Mando.

Leigh said...

I thought "you know who" was Dad, but it turns out it's Mari! You can choose to sign your comment another way than your name as it's registered.